Digital Zone download

kjrider 14:54 13 Nov 2008

I purchased a digital download of Nero 8 on 8th August 2008 from click here (Digital Zone) and paid for it with PayPal, as it seemed a good buy at the time.

Last month (October) when I was using it, a ‘popup’ came up saying ‘We regret to inform you that Nero has detected a pirated number. To continue legal use of this product, please consider upgrading with our special 10% discount by clicking the buy now button.’

Emails to Digital Zone are ignored, PayPal is not interested, as they will only deal with disputes within 45 days. Mind you I have had trouble with PayPal before, when I didn’t receive goods from EBay, and by the time they decided in my favour, the sellers account had no money in it, and he had gone.

Anyone else had trouble like this?

KJR

The Brigadier 15:02 13 Nov 2008

USA based company so out of UK Trading laws.
Could try Trading Standards but i dont think you will get far sadly.

Kevscar1 21:33 13 Nov 2008

Have you tried contacting them to see what they say.

Kevscar1 21:34 13 Nov 2008

sorry meant Nero not Digital Zone or Paypal

MAT ALAN 21:59 13 Nov 2008

I would simply book this down to a real eye opener,
The website is about as NAFF as it gets. if you read some of the statements, the refund policy and the "live support" are not exactly reasuring...

DrATty 05:18 14 Nov 2008

Try sending details of your purchase to Nero. This happened to my legitimate copy of Nero so it could be due to an error. I avoid software that phones home now; I've had too many problems.
You could contact one of the anti-piracy organisations if you're convinced the seller itself is up to no good. You won't get your money back but you'll feel better.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires