Digital photo frame advice needed

NotVeryTechie 09:53 02 Jun 2009

Hi there

I want to get a digital photo frame for my parents and have looked at all the ones around my price range (+/- £50) and it looks as though, by paying a little more for the HP, I would get a lot more in terms of picture quality and features. I can't find a single review for this product though. Some of the frames out there are too glossy and reflect the room to the extent that you can't see the pic, so I need to know if this one is ok, or not. Any experience with it. If it works, if the HPs are generally good. My parents live in South Africa and I live in the UK. So I will be taking it to them and won't be able to return it if there is a problem.

Or any suggestions for a really good frame that is not too expensive??

birdface 13:56 02 Jun 2009

Something to have a look at.

click here

NotVeryTechie 14:17 02 Jun 2009

Thanks, I was looking at the HP DF770-11 which is not mentioned in any of those posts. In fact a number of them link to pages that don't exist.

birdface 18:03 02 Jun 2009

Yes Sorry.Obviously the pages would have changed as new stock and different prices come into force.I should have thought of that before posting.
lets hope someone else can recommend something which they have tried.

NotVeryTechie 18:20 03 Jun 2009

Thanks buteman. I would really like to hear from anyone that has tried the HP DF 770-11. I can't even find a review of it.

NotVeryTechie 11:08 06 Jun 2009

Still hoping someone can help with this :)

dagnammit 11:30 06 Jun 2009

I just bought a £29 one that I was happy with the picture from...

I just copied photos off the computer onto a memory card and voila. I didn't bother setting any features... just loaded the card.

Not bad at all for £29, it's a 7inch Hanns-G.

My advice... take a memory card into one of the High Street stores and plug it in.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleures tablettes 2017