digital camera-vista compatible

firestormbob 10:55 21 Sep 2008

Can anyone tell me where i can buy a digital camera that is vista compatible? Im looking to spend about £80 and would like one thats 7megapixels or more. My current digi camera is not compatible with vista and i only bought it 6 months ago :o(

Need help asap as im going to a wedding in october.

Thankyou in advance.

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:02 21 Sep 2008

What camera do you have as all the cameras that I have seen are compatible.

G

firestormbob 12:17 21 Sep 2008

hi,my digi camera is Olympus camedia D-535 Zoom and when i tried to load the software into my pc its said it wasnt compatible??

The Kestrel 12:18 21 Sep 2008

It is not the camera that is Vista compatible, but the software that comes with the camera. Most of the big digital camera makers now supply Vista campatible software with their cameras. Even if you have an older model you can usually download updated drivers for Vista from the manufacturers support pages. I have an older Olympus camera and when my new PC came with Vista, I simply downloaded updated drivers from the Olympus website.

firestormbob 12:21 21 Sep 2008

thanks i will go to the website and have a look. You lot on here are wonderful lol. im crap with this sort of thing ;o)

firestormbob 12:28 21 Sep 2008

hi again, iv just been to the olympus site and it seems there are no updated drivers for my camera or am i doing it all wrong lol?.

Kevscar1 12:47 21 Sep 2008

It really depends on how old your camera is.
Tried to find Vista drivers for my scanner but it is 10yrs old and no longer supported.

GANDALF <|:-)> 12:52 21 Sep 2008

There is a problem with the Fuji software. Delete the software from your computer and buy one of these...click here (this company is very good)Put your card in it and you will see the photos on screen. Before buying the card reader remove the fujifilm software and try plugging ther camera into a USB slot (you should have the lead). This should also bring up the pics.

G

firestormbob 13:09 21 Sep 2008

my camera doesnt have a card :o(

its just a usb lead into the camera then into the pc.

^wave^ 13:26 21 Sep 2008

when your software fails i should give yo uthe option to run it in compatability mode have you tried this

jack 14:18 21 Sep 2008

Where folk have always come unstuck is loading the supplied software.
THIS APPLIES TO ALL SYSTEMS.
The best thing to do is to leave the CD in the box and let Windows do the work.
It can and will.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?