Digital camera supplier

Totally-braindead 21:13 25 Nov 2006

My parents car keeps getting scratched as well as others in the car park near their house.
The police have been unable to do anything about it, I can see why as I can't expect them to sit watching the cars all the time.
What I was considering was fitting a small wireless mini camera somewhere about the car park and linking it to a TV.
I was just wondering if anyone knew of a cheap supplier in the UK. I don't want to spend a great deal on it as hopefully after a few days/nights of watching it I'll see who does it and then be able to get the police involved. Also a bit unsure about the cheaper ones I've seen on Ebay they mention 0 Lux for a night time camera and 3 Lux for pinhole cameras and I was just wondering if the night time was was necessary in a well lit car park.
Have to ask as I've never tried one.
Anyone any suggestions for a supplier or have any experience of setting up one of these?

chocolate cake 23:09 25 Nov 2006

Hope you get the prats. Have a similar problem myself. Try this click here

I haven't tried this myself as the problem is only sporadic at best. I can go for months with nothing happening.

Beats me what they get out of it. I can understand theft, burglary and the rest; but criminal damage? What do they get from it?

lignum vitae 07:14 26 Nov 2006

just be careful fitting a camera not on your property.i was advised by the police that it is illegal to point the camera away from my property.

Totally-braindead 19:14 27 Nov 2006

Damn car has been scratched again and whoever has done it does a different panel everytime. Theres only 2 bits of the car left without a scratch, the roof and one of the rear doors. Neighbours car got done again as well and he just got it resprayed after the last scratches last week.

g0nvs 21:49 27 Nov 2006

Lay in wait with a Baseball Bat.

terryf 00:47 28 Nov 2006

Oh no g0nvs you mustn't hurt the little pets, you will upset their feelings and of course it would be against their 'human rights'. The little bees nowadays don't seem to match responsibilities with rights and it seems as if in some cases the parents don't think that their little angel would do such things.

jack 08:51 28 Nov 2006

"The little bees nowadays don't seem to match responsibilities with rights and it seems as if in some cases the parents don't think that their little angel would do such things."

Those that interfere with the "rights" of others,
forfeit any they think they may have - you betcha

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?