Digital camera direct to printer

the-emsworth-kid 18:35 08 Dec 2004

I'm looking to be able to connect a camera directly to a photo quality printer.

Objective is to take pic, review it either on the camera or the printer if it has a screen and print it - effectively in one fluid process. Any suggestions please?

steven_frost 19:25 08 Dec 2004

their are a few camares on the market that can do that look for cameras with picturebirdge and also printers

ewtie 19:38 08 Dec 2004

The Espson R300 can be bougtht with a viewing screen.
I am asure others can though.

the-emsworth-kid 21:48 08 Dec 2004

Thanks for your replies - you've set me on the right track.

Kodan 07:36 09 Dec 2004

I tried to answer yesterday but it vanished.

I bought a HP 7660 printer last week, from Argos, at half-price, only 75 pounds!!!

It got 87% in one magazine review, and was given a good value rating in another - at 150 pounds, so I saw it as a real bargain.

It has slots for all the usual memory cards, it prints a proof sheet of thumbnails, and apparently you can tick the proof sheets, and the printer will scan the sheet and print your selection. (I find this hard to believe)

I have printed my all-too-few good photos, and the results are great, even on cheap photo paper. The clincher for me is that you can buy a grey scale ink cartridge that gives very good B & W prints.

It is slow and expensive to run though, the reviews say, so I will use my Epson C42 for text output.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?