Digital Camera Book Suggestions Please.

Big L 266 09:50 04 Jan 2011

Hello.

I've just recently treated myself to a small compact digital camera namely a FujiFilm FinePix JX530.It has many settings and is a 14mega-pixel & 5 times zoom. Digital photography is new to me and I printed off the 114 page instruction booklet so I can take the time to get to know how and why it works.

I was wondering if you could kindly recommend an easy-to-read compact digital photography book to purchase to help me get more from my new camera please? I understand f.stops, focal points, shutter speeds, depth of field etc but with this camera much of it is automated.

Your kind help and recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much for your help.

Big L 266

ventanas 10:53 04 Jan 2011

click here

Mainly geared up for compact cameras.

mole44 10:56 04 Jan 2011

Don`t waste your money go outside and experiment. Just take notes so you compare different settings when you review the pictures you`ve taken.

alB 13:10 04 Jan 2011

Sign up at PhotoRadar, plenty of tips and techniques etc plus you can upload photos for others to view ...alB

click here

hssutton 14:59 04 Jan 2011

Mole44 has the right idea. Remember that unlike film practice is free, but to guide you on the way have a look click here.

As you become more proficient follow the various links.

Big L 266 17:07 04 Jan 2011

Hello.

Thank you all very much indeed for your help and assistance. I agree with mole44 and hssutton and am going with their respective suggestions. I have continued to read the lengthy instruction manual I printed off,and things are slowly falling into place. I fired off quite a few shots in different modes which watching Deal Or No Deal on C4.

I'm staggered by the quality of these shots in terms of colour and sharpness,and believe my hours of pondering over which camera to buy were worth it.I did notice FujiFilm also have a dedicated website - not known to me at time of writing my thread - which I have since joined.

Once I've got further into its workings,I'll wobble around town doing some pictures. The battery life isn't good though,but thats for another day!

Thank you again.

Big L 266

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?