Digatal meat/oven thermometer

LinH 16:40 12 Aug 2009

Help please someone!

I'm trying to find a UK retailer who can supply a bbq/oven digital thermometer that displays both the oven and meat temperatures combined into one unit.

I can get one from the states but have not been able to find a supplier in the UK. Surely they are available somewhere this side of the pond!

Many thanks in advance.

LinH

Forum Editor 17:00 12 Aug 2009

and be satisfied with this:-

click here

Stuartli 17:57 12 Aug 2009

There are digital meat versions, for instance:

click here

click here

click here

but as the FE states, a dual role model seems difficult to find.

wiz-king 18:24 12 Aug 2009

I buy thermometers from here click here cant see what you want but ask them.

LinH 19:18 12 Aug 2009

Thanks everyone and yes, I've looked at those you all mention but I really want the digital model. I use a Weber kettle barby and as you are probably aware, lifting the lid to check on temperatures means loss of heat.

This probably would not be too important for the normal steaks, burghers etc. but when cooking large joints of meat using the indirect method over several hours, constant heat is important. As they say in the U.S.of A. 'If you're looking you're not cooking'.

LinH

Stuartli 19:25 12 Aug 2009

The digital ones seem to have a probe with the lead passing out via the oven seal/lid to the digital housing's readout.

LinH 19:26 12 Aug 2009

For burghers read burgers!

But then again some of the burghers I've met in the past could be considered 'large joints of meat'!

LinH

Stuartli 19:26 12 Aug 2009

I've often purchased goods from the States, although some companies will not deliver abroad because of American security measures.

LinH 19:31 12 Aug 2009

Stuartli

Yes, you are right, but with the Weber barby there are four adjustable ventilation outlets built into the lid. The wire from the probe to the unit can be routed through one of these holes.

LinH

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?