DICTA PHONE

strokebow 20:16 24 Sep 2008

Hi,

I need help to buy a dicta phone of very good quality which can store many hours of audio. I dont know much on dicta phones so if you also educate me on them that would be helpful too.

All suggestions welcome!

Thanks!!!

Covergirl 22:37 24 Sep 2008

. . . . link to an Olympus dictaphone - it's a 6MB pdf if you want to click here for it.

Reading a manual can often give one a good idea of what they are and how they work.

See what features are available on this one and compare with others, then draw up a shortlist.

Consider also a cheap & cheerful MP3 player with recording facilites.

Forum Editor 00:28 25 Sep 2008

click here

It's the one that the BBC has started issuing to radio reporters. I've seen one in the flesh, and it's a superb device - it has everything you could ever want in a voice recorder.

interzone55 08:59 25 Sep 2008

Do you really want a Dictaphone, or a voice recorder, they're two very different things.

Dictaphone is a trademark for a dictation machine used for voice transcription. These are big clumsy and usually expensive devices.

If you really want a voice recorder you can't go wrong with Olympus. They make devices for all markets from cheap recorders using micro-cassettes to very high quality stereo recorders suitable for use in studio environments.

Here's a review of the latest model, probably overkill if you only want to record voice
click here

Here's a link to Olympus voice recorder range
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires