DHL lets down Amazon's returns service

ame 22:24 06 Jan 2010

I love amazon.co.uk - never had a problem until I got something that didn't work out of the box. Did the returns thing and organised a collection via the amazon and linked DHL website. Nobody turned up, nobody phoned, nobody e-mailed on the collection day. E-mailed DHL (the only way you can contact them for the returns service) but got no response by the next day. Phoned amazon whoi resent me the e-mail in the hope of reorganising collection, but DHL's website wouldn't allow this as the parcel number was already in the system. E-mailed DHL again next day and got an auto response saying there was a backlog of e-mails because staff in Manchester were affected by the weather. Poor DHL system - still waiting......

RobCharles1981 00:08 07 Jan 2010

DHL are one of the most couriers I have dealt with via Amazon.

A few months ago I ordered some software 3-5 Delivary Amazon where quick to despatch it (Fair does).

DHL on the hand where so slow in deliving process I think it took 4 other days for them to show up.

Royal Mail gets my vote with Amazon.

KremmenUK 07:17 07 Jan 2010

Royal Mail have been excellent with my Amazon stuff. Couriers on the other hand have been sometimes awkward.

tillybaby 07:41 07 Jan 2010

DHL delivered a Christmas present that I ordered for my son a week after Christmas, it was his main present too. Fortunately he's old enough to understand but seeing as I live in Greater Manchester I don't think their service was all that good. I ordered the present a good 2/3weeks before Christmas too.

morddwyd 09:31 07 Jan 2010

I have now got to the stage where if I know that a company uses DHL for delivery I buy elsewhere.

When I had to do an Amazon return recently I found that while it was delivered by Citylink, the return was via DHL.

ronalddonald 19:25 07 Jan 2010

have let me down in the past on several occasions, they couldn't find my address.

Even for a next day delivery and i have no problems putting them down since they are only a franchise, and franchises love to fail people.

This has happen to me on another of occasions

iscanut 19:45 07 Jan 2010

A very helpful and astute contribution !

ame 15:34 08 Jan 2010

Finally got an e-mail from DHL to say parcel will be picked up this Tuesday - 8 days late. Here's hoping.....

Input Overload 16:05 08 Jan 2010

Every time I have used DHL they have come the next day & are one of the cheapest couriers to the continent. I think they are rather good, but then I have booked pick-up's directly which might change things.

ame 16:17 08 Jan 2010

Yes - the problem is of course partly due to the bad weather, which is not DHL's fault of course, but also the fact that, as an Amazon Returns customer, the contact system with DHL and their local depots is poor. I live not far from the motorway about half an hour from Glasgow, where the roads are clear, yet I was not given any contact info for the local DHL depot - only an e-mail address for their HQ in Manchester.

So Afraid 20:01 08 Jan 2010

I read this week DHL were bought by DHN,is that better or still the same?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?