DEll taken over from Time

rickf 20:55 09 Jun 2003

Dell has now taken over from Time in top spot for getting the most complaints. Read this in the latest comp mag.Postiung this as matter of public interest.

Patr100 21:27 09 Jun 2003

Which Computer mag? Compared to where?

Gaz 25 00:48 10 Jun 2003

Intresting, lets hope they make a better job of time and I get my refund after a dodgy system.

No offence to Time, your prices and PC's are probably great but my sales with Time have gone horribly wrong.

rickf 02:42 10 Jun 2003

In the latest Computeractive. Got it early as I also subscribe to it apart from PCA.

feederweb 12:20 17 Jun 2003

I remember the CA article referred to Complain Domain - well take a look at today's Mirror - can also be found here click here

WATCHDOG WANTS £1,800 NOT TO BITE
Jun 17 2003

FIRMS FUMING AT 'BLACKLIST'

MURKY might be the best way of describing this furious row involving some of Britain's biggest firms.

It begins with a self-appointed consumer watchdog run by a former aide to the Hinduja brothers.
Add whispers of strongarm tactics and cries of corporate spin and you have some very unhappy people.

In one corner, there's a website called complaindomain.com which annually publishes a Top 10 list of the companies that are the subject of most moans.
In the other corner there are firms named and shamed who tell us they've been offered the chance to get removed from the list - for a price. That price is attending the complaindomain's two-day customer care course at a cost of £1,800.

"I would not use the word blackmail, but it's very very iffy," one outraged company told us.
One of the firms on complaindomain's list of shame is Telewest which might have felt bullied by the email we've seen, which read:
"We do offer a two-day training course which will ensure that Telewest is removed from our Top 10 lists of consumer complaints."
A similar email to Time Computers said: "From a PR perspective, which do you think is more costly - two days of training or 12 months atop our Top 10 lists?"

Behind the website is 38-year-old American Darin Jewell, one-time aide to the Hinduja brothers, the Indian tycoons at the centre of the "cash-for-passports" row.

Jewell told us: "It's typical of companies to try to spin this story rather than improve their customer service.

"There's no way I would remove a company from the list in return for payment. These companies are trying to call my integrity into question. I did Divinity at Cambridge; I worked for the Hindujas."

Incidentally, the customer care courses are run by a stand-up comic.

Gibbs 17:44 19 Jun 2003

Though surely thats because they sell more computers?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone