Dell - Superb

naineysman 00:31 15 Oct 2007

I've been very vocal in the past about certain pc manufacturers but believe in balance and wish to praise Dell to the highest high. Between me, her and familly we have 4 PC's and 8 Laptops and I can honestly say I wouldn't go past them. And you still get XP on them too. Thats over 4 years so I think it is a great place for anyone not sure where to go.

tullie 08:44 15 Oct 2007

Good ad for Dell

xania 12:50 15 Oct 2007

One reservation - A friend of mine had an oldish Dell with a dead PSU. Dell CLAIM that an ordinary PSU could damage their MOBO - told me I had to use one of their replacement units and quoted me £125+vat & postage. Recommended to my friend the she got a new PC from PC World.

Vaughn123 13:12 15 Oct 2007

I totally agree with the above. Not long ago our business Dell laptop broke down, I guess even the best can break, but 24hrs later it was fixed onsite. I do have one complaint though; the dell desktop I have at home is now 5yrs old and refusing to cause any problems so until it breaks I won’t get a new PC.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?