DELL STUDIO 15 VS HP DV5-1015EA

Mary_S 11:35 24 Dec 2008

Dear All,

I think my long awaited purchase of a laptop may be finally coming to an end with some decent sales at currys/pc world.

Just wanted to know if anyone had an opinion on the dell studio models, in particular the following model.

click here=

Its hard to find a exact review online for this laptop becaus eof dells customization meaning

I hear the dells studio range is their inbetween range, of the premium xps and budget inspiron.
SO it looks like a godo price for £480, with a dedicated graphics and 4gb ram, and a decent processor. Can anyone tell if it has a webcam and if it is a 32 or 64 bit vista machine. Thanks!!

Teh other laptop which looks good is this one click here=

This one i know from the hp site has a webcam and is 32 bit vista (i dont want to get 64 bit). Its a good price for £670, but i think the dell should be good enough for nearly £200 less.

Main reason i want a 4gb laptop is because i study oracle database and they recommended for vista you want at least 1 gb free. Take into account mult-tasking i should get a 4gb.

So what can people advise me , thanks??

Al94 12:58 24 Dec 2008

On the face of it the Dell is a lot of laptop for the money. Still around £679 on Dell website for similar spec. It should have a webcam and be 32 bit but you might wanto check with Currys.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?