Dell outlet/Dell outlet on Ebay

funkey_monkey 09:47 03 Mar 2006

Does anyone on here have any experience of using Dell Outlet to buy PC's?

I was looking at Dell outlet in ebay and noticed that there were some nice PC's for sale on their ebay account.

There seems to be some good savings on buying these machines instead of new machines but as they are reconditioned machines i was wondering what their reliability and warranty were like.

Can anyone on here inform me as to what Dell outlet machines are like? I appreciate that Dell give them a test before sending them out but is anyone on here able to give me some opinions/advice/warnings?

Thanks in advance.

VideoSentry 10:15 03 Mar 2006

Though not having used it Myself there are 3 people at work which have and are over the moon,I equate it to buying a car with 300 miles that has been properly checked with all the bits working when sold.
I use dell at work and have no-complaints.

spuds 12:28 03 Mar 2006

Dell have a number of outlets for their surplus or refurbished products.Regarding warranty procedures, I would suggest that you contact the supplier before making a purchase, due to the different types of warranty cover available.

Diodorus Siculus 12:34 03 Mar 2006

click here
HotUKDeals often have some very good Dell deals.

Dimension 5150 P4 3.0GHz 1024mb RAM 17in TFT £469 ::

click here

Dimension 3100 Pentium 4 3.0GHz and 17in TFT £410 ::

click here

jack 11:52 05 Mar 2006

there are as mentioned some surpluis stock dealers that move Dells you could also look here click here
Stocks can be limited, and when gone they are gone.

A recent post on here though seemed to suggest the E-bay offer were being sourced from Cnina and the only thing Dell about them was the Badge

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?