Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review
After a long time of happy use, my Dell has suffered a fatal blow in the form of a certain person knocking it to the floor, replacement inevitable. As it will (hopefully) be partly covered under my contents insurance I will be looking at about £1,000 to replace. I will be looking for the follwing as would appreciate suggestions and comments on my options so far...
* The laptop will be used for webdesign (Studio MX), photo/image editing (some graphics reach 100MB+ in design stage so I want a good graphics card), Office applications (incl. large databases) as well as being my main PC for SAGE accounting etc.
* It will at times be connected to a network (100mbps LAN at present but would like the option of wireless in the future).
* It will be travelling with me quite a bit but to be honest this is mostly done by car so weight is not a HUGE problem although I'm tempted to go the Mobile Pentium M route if possible.
I have been looking at Dell (I know I can trust them) and Acer but could do with suggestions.
Would this be a reasonable spec for what I need:
- 1.7Ghz (or faster) Pentium M Processor (or equiv)
- 512MB (or more) DDR RAM
- 40GB HDD (no need for larger really but speed would be nice
- Radeon 9600 (or equiv) graphics card
- CD/RW (Dual format DVD/RW preferred but not essential)
I've looked at the Dell Inspiron and Latitude range and can appear to get a good price on a D600 even if I go up to a 2GHz processor.
Any suggestions welcome.
This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.