Dell & Norton Excellent Service.

Fred Spoons EPNS 13:30 05 Mar 2011

Just recently I bought myself a Dell Inspiron Mini Netbook directly from Dell after a lot of questions about its limitations and performance peaks and troughs. All my questions were answered with great efficiency and simplicity. I then placed an order for this netbook (and a mouse) which came to £262.00. Included in this price was delivery and 15 months McAfee and I was able to follow its transit through their system. I was notified both by email and by phone about its arrival and it duly turned up as promised. It was out of the box and up and running wirelessly within a few minutes. I checked the wireless broadband speed rather than the cable speed and it was 17500 kbps download and 750 kbps upload. I have been able to watch BBC News streamed live on it in 'popout' form and its very efficient and sharp. I've also been able to link it to my desktop via TeamViewer and I'm a very happy purchaser indeed. The only downside is the battery life of just over 4 hours. Dell has provided me with an excellent product and a service the same as they did with my desktop.

Norton also played a part in this. The McAfee was especially slow in the nettop so decided to swap it for my Norton 360 which is in my desktop.After removing McAfee with their own uninstaller,I then spent 50 minutes faffing around putting the Norton in.What a disaster I was! I did a late night live chat session with Norton and they got me up and running in less than five minutes by remote control.Outstanding service again from Norton.Yes,the McAfee had 15 months,but the Norton still has 200 days to run and its much more efficient.

Overall,I'm a very happy customer of both Dell and Norton and will be with them both for a long time to come.

I thought you'd like to know about my online shopping experience.

961 14:41 05 Mar 2011

It's good to hear when things work well because forums like this one usually exist to help when things go wrong

I'm a fan of Dell and, from reading the computer press, I'm aware that Norton have been trying in recent times to avoid hogging all the processing power in your computer

So thanks for bothering to say things have worked for you

ams4127 18:38 05 Mar 2011

Interesting reading and nice to hear a success story.

I've just taken a brand new copy of Norton 360 off both my desktop and laptop computers (still got 11 months left). I found it to be the most intrusive and annoying programme I have ever used. Continually popping up windows wanting to know if I wanted this or that info saved etc. I'll ask at work if anyone wants it, if not, it's going straight in the bin.

Fred Spoons EPNS 20:05 05 Mar 2011

961.Its nice to be able to come in and say something positive about excellent services.All too often there are usually justified negative experiences that get to be spoken of.

ams4127.I'm sorry to read of your experiences with Norton.I only get a notification very infrequently when I'm online,and thats usually related to saving passwords.I removed my McAfee because it was so slow and plodding so sympathise with your Norton plight.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone