Dell must have too many customers

Mike D 11:44 02 Jul 2007

because they don't seem to want my business! Last Monday I rang to get a quote for a new server, promised to get my account manager to call back. Tuesday rang again, my requirements in terms of specification noted along with my email address. Wednesday rang them again, same process. Friday rang again, I am still waiting for the quote.

Wednesday rang a local supplier (who will also supply Dell products) and their quote is with me in 30 minutes. It looks as if Dell could lose out to HP).

MIke

jpgreen44 00:04 03 Jul 2007

I thought Dell only sold via phone or the web

Mike D 07:37 03 Jul 2007

Not for small/medium/corporate customers. We're not talking about the usual Dell deals here, a server will set me back something in excess of £3500 (well I think so, because I cannot get anyone from Dell to talk to me to give me a quote!) I suppose, that in the eyes of an account manager, my business is too small for them to worry about.

Anyway, I have sorted out a deal now, but not with Dell's sales people.

Mike

Mike D 08:25 24 Aug 2007

I did finally manage to get Dell to speak to me, but the so called account manager has still not had the decency to reply (I hope she doen't have the nerve to asked for feedback). However the guy who eventually took ownership of the problem did a fine job - well done Robert Carey!

Now the proud keeper of a PowerEdge2900 server with 2 Quad-core processors, 4 Gb RAm and 6 HDDs.

Mike
(Thank Chris the Ancient for teh prompt to tidy up "My Postings")

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?