is dell latitude cpx p3 500 a good laptop

havent a clue 01:31 31 Dec 2003

I got this at christmas l have not got the fogest idea what all that means. can someone put that into english for stupit people pleasss.

Mysticnas 03:14 31 Dec 2003

... this one???

click here

-Beb- 16:51 31 Dec 2003

well the p3 500 basically means that it's a pentium 3 (p3) 500Mhz (500). This is just the processor speed, nothing else about the laptop. If this is correct then the laptop is gonna be pretty slow as it's a very old cpu

GANDALF <|:-)> 17:00 31 Dec 2003

'If this is correct then the laptop is gonna be pretty slow as it's a very old cpu'...rubbish, unless you are gasming mad this will run more than fast enough. I have just gone from a 350mhz, pentium 2 to a 3200 Athlon and using Photochop and word documents the extra speed is not that much. Advertising spiel really does work well ;-))))

You have got a superb laptop from one of the world's top companies, don't listen to the 'you've got to have a Pentium4 3.06 or you are a nobody' people.

G

756gpk 17:32 31 Dec 2003

Just want to say that I agree with Gandalf. I am still using a Compaq Armada E700 with a 400Mhz P2 - it is nearly 5 years old. The only change to the original spec was to increase the ram from 128 to 512mb and that has made it more stable (a MS OS problem not a hardware problem) and fast enough for all normal (non-gaming) uses. Also, make sure that there are no unnessary programs running in the background. Unless you need to do high-end video/graphic editing or massive 3D gaming then you have nothing to worry about. All the best and a happy new year.

This is ample enough...

I use XP1700 above cos i use my machine for different things from gaming to web hosting.....

Otherwise i would be over joyed with P3 500mhz laptop for everyday use!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone