Dell Business or Home Difference in Price

Chasman 16:21 30 Mar 2008

Hi,
I followed a link for a Vostro Laptop at Dell which seemed very good value however when I went into the Dell site via the "Home" user rather than business I found to get the exact specs on a system (Inspiron) would cost £300 more (yes VAT was added to the Vospro business system)
Plus the business system can be delivered in 6 days the home system 3 weeks

Why?
Are business system builds not so good?
Will I be ok ordering a business system?

thanks

Charles

GaT7 16:57 30 Mar 2008

If the specs are the same, the system will generally be the same. If it's important to you, the Home build quality is generally better than the Business ones - e.g. comparing Inspirons & Vostros [best value is most important to me ;-)].

Yes, you'll be OK ordering from the Business section - just put your surname in the Business name field.

Also see click here (& that thread as a whole). G

wee eddie 17:09 30 Mar 2008

The Individual, as a Consumer, has a higher level of protection than a Business.

I doubt that there is a difference in the manufacture of the Equipment but there may be different Software, loaded onto the Business Equipment

CodenameCueball 17:48 30 Mar 2008

QUOTE:Crossbow7

The Individual, as a Consumer, has a higher level of protection than a Business.

I doubt that there is a difference in the manufacture of the Equipment but there may be different Software, loaded onto the Business Equipment

Vostros come with NO trialware preinstalled. Its one of the selling points. lol

GaT7 18:34 30 Mar 2008

"Crossbow7 The Individual, as a Consumer, has a higher level of protection than a Business." - see my link. G

Chasman 19:17 30 Mar 2008

Where's the link?

It sounds interesting

Charles

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?