Delivery Problems!

Eveready Bunny 12:50 20 Jan 2005

Currently im a student in manchester. I regularly order online from companies such as scan, amazon, tesco and so on. When it came to ordering the hp 2610 printer i had problems. My parents live on the isle of wight, and there house is my only permenant uk address so all of my credit cards are registered there. I searched for a site that could deliver to my address even though it wasnt my billing address for this printer and the first was simply, but as this link shows the price at simply was £50 more than at the cheapest outlet click here . I can understand that they dont want to deliver to an address thats not a billing address but what about those that have moved, or are in temporary accomodation like students?!

Its stupid and my only options are to buy from simply which is £50 more expensive, ask my parents to send it on, or ask someone in manchester to puchase it for me.

Rant over

wags 13:01 20 Jan 2005

It may be frustrating, but of course the reason why most mail order/online retailers specify that goods are delivered at the address your credit card is registered to is to prevent fraud. This protects you and the credit card company.

Eveready Bunny 13:05 20 Jan 2005

Yeah of course but perhaps they should provide some sort of measure to provide for customers that are in the same situation as me

wee eddie 17:46 20 Jan 2005

Over to you.

Just work out an inexpensive and totally reliable method of identifying that the address to be used is Kosher.

You would be elevated to the Board on the spot.

Eveready Bunny 17:48 20 Jan 2005

Lol

FelixTCat 17:51 20 Jan 2005

Talk to your credit card company. They may be prepared to register your Manchester address. reatilers may have to check with the credit card company each time, but it should work

Newuser2 17:52 20 Jan 2005

Is it not possible for you to have your credit card registered with World Pay, I only suggest this as last Dec 17th I placed an order with a US Web Site to be delivered to my holiday home in Florida, delivery was made on the 28th Dec with no probs at all. The credit card is registered to me at my home here in the UK.
If my memory serves me correctly I registered my card with world pay to pay my web site monthly charge.

Dorsai 18:36 20 Jan 2005

Some companies will allow delivery to another address for subsequent orders, but not the first order.

It might be worth checking out the chosen supplier to see if they also have this policy. If this is the case order somthing you need, that will be easy enough for your parents to post on to you, say an ink cart for the new printer. Then you can order the printer to be delivered direct to you at uni.

Dont know if this will apply though!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?