Delivery to N.Ireland

paddy75 17:12 09 Jul 2007

Hi all, just been on to Empire Direct to buy this item for £17.99 click here guess what they are charging £19.99 delivery,i and many other forum members have been highlighting this awful situation,i thought Parcelforce charged the same price for the whole of the UK,if this is the case why don't this firm and many others not use them.Paddy

BioBob 17:27 09 Jul 2007

When i lived in the channel islands it was just the same for me. Its clear that whenever there is water to cross, couriers want more; understandable i suppose given the price our ferry used to charge vans & lorries!

I didnt know that parcel force used the same price for N Ireland. Is that the same for Channel Islands then?

wjrt 20:00 09 Jul 2007
  laurie53 20:46 09 Jul 2007

It's not just water to cross.

I live south of Dundee and some carriers still class the area as "remote and outlying".

Anything for an extra buck.

Laurie

paddy75 21:30 09 Jul 2007

wjrt,i came across that site today and have already ordered from them,they charged £3.95 delivery,i ordered it two weeks ago from Amazon and picked the super saver delivery and got this e mail from them today when it was due to be delivered this week.

"Dear Customer,
We wanted to give you an update on the status of your order [202-0211153-6056630].
We are sorry to inform you that we have been unable to obtain the following item:
"Black & Decker AV1260 Dustbuster Auto Vac 12V" [Kitchen & Home]
This item has now been cancelled from your order and we can confirm that you have not been charged for it.Please accept our apologies for any disappointment or inconvenience caused."

As i said i can't get over the huge difference in delivery i bought a digital camera last year and was quoted from free delivery to £50. Thank's for all who replied Paddy

Input Overload 03:17 10 Jul 2007

Have you considered using NI Pc component suppliers?

Al94 09:45 10 Jul 2007

This is a useful site which lists the best and worst companies re delivery charges to NI (and presumably further flung GB locations) click here

spuds 11:01 10 Jul 2007

I tend to find that quite a number of 'packaged' items are now sent by air cargo transport between the UK and Ireland, then courier serviced from airport cargo depots to customer address's. The same route of delivery appears to be the same for the Channel Isles.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?