Dear Agony Aunt, why was I dumped? Sky TV

dagnammit 22:21 27 Nov 2008

As a faithful provider of entertainment my dependants just upped and left. It's been over 2 months and I decided I wanted answers so I called the other party up and asked them. They said my peers could offer them more than I could - I just can't see how!

Your faithfully

Sky TV

OK I ditched sky over 2 months ago after debating with them on the phone over services. Virgin offered huge value....

Basically I'm:

a. saving a fortune per year with Virgin
b. saved £££ on install costs v+hd against sky+hd

So I out of the blue got a call from Sky this evening asking why I left them....

Cos you're too expensive, arrogant towards existing customers and I get better service from the competition!

The call ended quickly.

naineysman 18:01 28 Nov 2008

likewise yesterday, they are not happy. UNLIKE me :-))

Terry Brown 21:21 28 Nov 2008

I have been with VIrgin (Blueyonder) since it started, and the service keeps getting better (Especially after Virgin took it over), the TV signal is good ( most of the time),broadband fast and consistant speed, and Telephone clear as a (telephone) bell.
On the rare occasions you do get a problem, they normally sort it out from their end or send an engineer down at a time slot you choose, and yes they do arrive in that time slot or if running late, they will call you to ley=t you know.
Terry

tullie 06:17 29 Nov 2008

Ive no problems with sky,cant get virgin anyway,quite happy with my free broadband and sktalk.

laurie53 07:53 29 Nov 2008

I've been with Sky for years too.

Given the chance I would dump them tomorrow.

Unfortunately, as in many rural areas, they are in a monopoly situation here.

BT 08:30 29 Nov 2008

I agree, I've been with Virgin/NTL/Cable&Wireless/Videotron for many years. There have been very few problems in all that time, except when I moved from London to Norwich, and when the problem was identified they sent out an engineer in the evening to install my services
A few weeks ago I had THREE different people knock on my door on the same day trying to get me to take up SKY. I asked the last one who knocked at 8pm for the name and contact number of whoever was employing her and the number she gave me was entirely fictitious.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?