Dazzle/X-oom

NotVeryTechie 17:32 06 Feb 2008

Hi there

I want to convert some video (VHS) to DVD and don't really understand how it works. I have seen products on Amazon, like the Dazzle DVD Recorder (PC) and the X-oom Videos on DVD. Are they any good?

If you convert the piece of video to a digital format on your computer via one of the above, and then you record it onto a DVD, can you then play it on a normal Region 2 DVD player?

Mark5001 21:48 06 Feb 2008

I use the Dazzle DVC100 click here and it works perfectly. It is so simple to set up and the Instant DVD Recording software included captures the video and makes a dvd from it including your choice of menu,that you just burn to disk and it plays every time in any of my 4 dvd players. It is straight to USB so no internal capture card is needed. You will need a scart output module
click here

NotVeryTechie 13:31 07 Feb 2008

Thank you Mark5001. Is this scart output module the right one? click here

I read the reviews of the Dazzle on Amazon and some said great, and some said that it didn't work at all. So it is good to get some confirmation here.

€dstowe 14:38 07 Feb 2008

The Dazzle products I have tried didn't shine for me and barely produced a glimmer.

Apart from them not doing what was claimed, the construction quality was very poor.

Replacements didn't improve things.

Never again.

NotVeryTechie 16:27 07 Feb 2008

Can you suggest an alternative solution?

€dstowe 16:49 07 Feb 2008

I use Hauppauge PVR (Personal Video Recorder) similar to these click here but mine is old now and does not have digital TV input.

Feed the analogue signal from VHS into the Hauppauge which converts to digital then into the computer. You can then use DVD rendering software such as WinDVD to produce your DVD. Also very useful is the ability to transfer television programmes to your hard drive to make DVDs from them, if you want.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?