DabsValue - £120 - 19" TFT - good value ?

jarani 22:25 12 Aug 2006

Dabs offer HannsG HC194D as above - 1280x1024 - 8ms Analogue/DVI - any comments?

sean-278262 22:36 12 Aug 2006

click here

I assume you mean this one

Good value - yes

However a few points to make are the resolution is the same as most people expect a much higher resolution for a 19inch. Also worth mentioning about dead pixels something to keep an eye out for in the reviews.

sean-278262 22:37 12 Aug 2006

...the same as some 15inch monitors, most people...

Forgot that bit. I need to start working on saying one sentence before starting the next.

jarani 22:46 12 Aug 2006

Creature ... - the reviews do not seem critical - i expect some shortcomings at this price - jarani

Mr Mistoffelees 23:16 12 Aug 2006

Whatever the quality of the monitor may be, this description from the Dabs website is certainly questionable:-

"With advancements in technology, a new dawn has come for the lifestyle of the human race and world has now entered a Digital Age. Yet the relentless progress of technology seems to have allowed cold logic to overshadow people's search for spiritual fulfillment. HANNS.G sees that consumers are wishing for quality in their life so functional technology is now gifted with a rich palette of colors thanks to design aesthetics. HANNS.G products symbolize the spirit of Go Beyond to provide consumers with a whole new experience of technology; with its user-friendly interface, clean design and exceptional quality, it has surpassed consumer expectations and existing market standards. The aesthetics of technology have been redefined, creating a perfect combination of the sensible with sensual within the products from HANNS.G."

sean-278262 23:19 12 Aug 2006

Well I think you just answered your own question. As far as the reviews go a few dead pixels on some appear but little else is really that wrong. Just it is an unbranded monitor. Remember with a Sony etc you are paying a premium to have their name. To be honest why are you worrying so much about it. At this price I cant see any monitors in the 17inch cariety that offer even vaguely similar levels of spec. Also there is a 120quid widescreen version you may be interested in.

If you care to explain what you aim to use it for it may help us to help you more.

A

SG Atlantis® 23:21 12 Aug 2006

"sensual within the products from HANNS.G"

Have to admit it is rather steamy the way it's written, ooh I say.

You get what you pay for!

Stuartli 23:31 12 Aug 2006

Sony 19in at £141:

click here

sean-278262 23:32 12 Aug 2006

The descriptions on Dabs tend to be generic makers babble. I ignore them and look at specs most days.

Stuartli 23:33 12 Aug 2006

A local computer components supplier has been selling this brand but appears to have sold out of the 19in version:

click here

Stuartli 23:37 12 Aug 2006

>>Just it is an unbranded monitor.>>

Not quite. Dabs has merely rebadged the monitor under its DabsValue range - rebadging is a common practice in the computer components industry. See:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017