Dabs very good but I have a question

kinger 18:38 21 Sep 2003

Next day delivery on several past orders, so can't complain.

Late in the evening one Wednesday I placed an order for some software not realising I already had it built into an existing application so I cancelled the order within a few minutes of ordering.

In 'my account' there was no cancel button but there was a 'returns' link.

I explained what had happened in the space provided so as I could gain a returns number.

I received an email stating that the returns number would be granted and therefore no problems.

I noticed that my order had not yet been processed. I received a second email stating that I would have to pay £7.95 +VAT to have it collected.

"You haven't sent it out yet, I explained"
I received a third email on the following Friday that my order had been dispatched.

Now, am I right in thinking that the packer read my email or viewed it on a screen "CANCELLED" but sent it out anyway?

.. I received the order EIGHT days later.

On telephoning them I got a recorded message saying that they don't use telephones anymore.

Anyone else have problems with 'returns'?

-pops- 19:39 21 Sep 2003

dabs are organised to process goods in one direction only. ANYTHING that disrupts that causes problems - the cogs aren't made to go in reverse. Be prepared for a battle.

MALLET 20:25 21 Sep 2003

Check for goods on Amazon, there usually cheaper and they have a cancel order button.

kinger 20:32 21 Sep 2003

... both for the warning and for suggesting to look at Amazon, I never thought of them.

Cheers people.

-pops- 07:14 22 Sep 2003

Perhaps I should add that dabs are not unique in their unidirectional way of selling. A number of other organisations operate in the same way.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?