Cyberhome CH DVD400

IanR2 09:19 30 Dec 2003

hi, i know its not computers or related,but does anyone know if these are any good? WHSmiths are doing them for £49.99,i only need a small no frills DVD player click here

cheers for any info

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:16 30 Dec 2003

Have had one for 6 months and it is superb. It wil play music CDs, do slide shows from CDs and there is a simple hack that will make it multi-regional ;-))))) click here and the main page (Germany) is at click here

To save you trawling the hack is as follows....1. Press the Open/Close button on your remote control to open the drive tray

2. Press the Setup button on your remote control

3. Using your remote control, highlight but do not select the Exit Setup option in the menu

4. Press the buttons 1, 3, 6 and 9 on your remote control, in order, one at a time

5. Press the Left button on your remote control, three times, in succession

6. Press the Right button on your remote control

7. Select the new Version option from the menu

8. You will now be able to change the value to 1 for Region 1, 2 for Region 2, and so on, or 0 for multi-region playback

G

IanR2 11:22 30 Dec 2003

cheers GANDALF <|:-)> , you always seems to come up trumps with your info,well i have reserved one at WHSmith,i think they are selling like hot cakes,

thanks again
Ianr

SEASHANTY 16:15 30 Dec 2003

^

Demora 23:51 30 Dec 2003

OK. I have the model 402 which is supposed to be multi region (had this for nearly 12 months now) BUT it has never played any region 1 dvds. does the same hack work for this model. The link on the web is not good.

BTW.. We've had no problems with the dvdplayer BUT the on/off light has a tendency to THINK for itself.

TIA Demora

Dipso 00:01 31 Dec 2003
  GANDALF <|:-)> 00:02 31 Dec 2003

'to change the region code, whilst there should be no disc in the drive

- press the following keys to change the region code:

"SETUP" - "1" - "3" - "6" - "9" - "3x left" - "1x right"

- a new entry appears in the setup menu, called "VERSION"

- there you can change the region code
- changing the value "REGION CODE" to "0", sets the player region free...yep similar hack and from the websites that I posted earlier. click here

G

Demora 00:17 31 Dec 2003

Cheers Gandalph. I'll give it a go tomorrow. BTW I noticed that inone of the forums for the cyberhome they mentioned cooling. It does get rather warm but nothing unusual (couldn't cook on it) BUT whilst we have 3 teenagers using the dvd player it has stood up for the time we've had it.

Demora

Da-B-Man 15:27 31 Dec 2003

If i were you i'd go for the ronin dvd player on sale on ebuyer. the spec list is out of this work and i think its jus a little over 50 pounds and you get progressive scan. It might not be a name you have heard of but they make chips for many companies round the world!
good luck on any one you may buy!

Stuartli 16:58 31 Dec 2003

The Pacific model at Asda, around £37, will play anything that is thrown at it....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?