cube 247

tillerman 7 19:09 05 Sep 2007

Purchased high end machine in May of this year,unit has broken down 4 times cube 247 informed me that because I upgraded to a quad processor their warranty did not apply ,the upgrade was offered when spec of machine was being decided comments invited

Clapton is God 20:25 05 Sep 2007

This probably won't help but, unfortunately, Cube 247 don't have the best of reputations.

Type cube 247 into the 'Search forum' box above and look at previous threads about these people.

Having said, that - surely the Sale of Goods Act requires any seller to provide a basic 12 month warranty, irrespective of any excuses they subsequently dream up??

Clapton is God 20:27 05 Sep 2007

Oops, that should read:

"requires any seller to provide (AND HONOUR) a basic 12 month warranty ...."

Totally-braindead 20:29 05 Sep 2007

Unless you upgraded it yourself I think you will find you are entitled to the standard 12 month guarantee.

Marko797 10:34 09 Sep 2007

Agreed, if you chose to self-upgrade by installing the quad chip, then u have changed the machine which you originally purchased from 247, and thereby invalidated your warranty. Bit like buying a new car, putting another engine in it & then complaining to your car salesman that the car is duff.

Marko797 10:38 09 Sep 2007

you paid for the upgrade at the time of machine purchase, i.e. they did the upgrade and sold it to you as one unit, it is therefore 247s responsibility as they are the supplier of the goods. SOGAS Act

tillerman 7 11:46 09 Sep 2007

Let me explain,Cube 247 installed the upgrade to match another builders spec,they couldn't do enough for me until they were paid.
They also think that an upgrade to the processor and a second DVD drive constitutes a custom built computer system was based on their Leonis ST12

Marko797 12:00 09 Sep 2007

At the end of the day, if they provided this machine, regardless of whether it was off the shelf or custom made, they have a responsibility under SOGAS.

mr crab 11:35 08 Aug 2008

I know, I know...I should've searched PC Advisor before I bought a Cube computer - I now have a Friday evening/monday morning computer. I bought my computer for £1400 at the end of Feb 2008 and it's been an absolute nightmare. I took it back to the Cube workshops within 3 weeks of purchase - hard drive failure, sent it back 4 weeks later new motherboard needed, replacement monitior last week - wouldn't work, hard hard drive errors - they were easily fixed, and last night the hard drives have failed once again. I find the techs condecending and I resent being treated like an idiot. Please save yourself alot of heartache and wasted time by not using this company. Luckily I have a spare PC and I have backed up my work. I hate my Cube PC.

Boghound 10:19 10 Aug 2008

Funny.......I love mine!!!!....can't please everyone all the time......A bit like the PCA magazine....If they cut out most of the page graphics and reduced the size of the fonts like American magazines do....Perhaps they could compete on price and delivery to Europe.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?