Crucial, "still the best"

fuzzyone 19:05 23 Mar 2004

A bit of praise for a company for a change.

I know i'm not the first (or the last), to praise Crucial in this forum, but felt I still had to post this.

A 512Mb pc2100 module I bought from them in summer 2002, failed at the weekend. Phoned them tonight at 5pm, and all that was said was, send us back the module and we will replace it straight away.

No arguments, no blame, no excuses.

Why can't all online retailers follow the Crucial line, and we would all be a lot better off.

Forum Editor 19:13 23 Mar 2004

It's been said before, but I'll say it again - this kind of attitude starts from the top, and if the people who manage the business can find a way to enthuse and motivate the customer-facing staff they're well on the way to success.

Crucial know how to make and keep people happy, and as a result they have a reputation that's second to none. It's on the one hand very simple and on the other hand incredibly complex - but it's worth it in the end.

ade.h 19:17 23 Mar 2004

It's nice to hear someone's doing it right. I've heard similar stories from customers of Epson, Iomega and Kodak, to name just three. Sadly, they are still in a minority. All we, the consumers can really do is vote with our wallets and reward good service with loyalty, while avoiding the less reputable companies.

wjrt 19:23 24 Mar 2004

could not find my system or MB and so posted a question to them last night after 7pm and got the reply last night with the answer. a very good quick response.

Hoseman 15:26 25 Mar 2004

Crucial are very good. Bought some memory from them and apart from offering competitive prices - at the time - they also delivered very promptly. Gald to hear their after sales service is just as good.

961 19:14 25 Mar 2004

It's hard to find anyone who has a bad word to say about this company

I wouldn't dream of buying memory anywhere else and I've used the company for my memory supplies over many years

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?