Credit where credit is due

spargo 18:25 09 Jan 2006

Just thought you would like to hear a tale of good service!

Last Friday the power supply unit of my router failed. It was in the guarantee period being about 11 months old so I rang up the maker, Belkin and spoke to a nice lady and told her my problem. She asked me for my name, address and phone no. and said there would be a replacement in the post that day with no charges to pay. No other details were required!
The replacement arrived this morning (Monday).
I consider this to be a very good service and deserves a mention.

Thank you Belkin.

Diodorus Siculus 18:54 09 Jan 2006

That's truly good service.

ade.h 19:00 09 Jan 2006

That's why I tend to buy Belkin products. That, and the free phone support.

Forum Editor 19:08 09 Jan 2006

and they are just the same - helpful and efficient. It's obviously a corporate ethos.

De Marcus™ 19:54 09 Jan 2006

I recently had to replace a faulty wireless adaptor 8 months into it's warranty, replacement received in 3 days. Always liked belkin, like them even more now, especially as I'm about to kit my office out with pre-n.

SB23 20:10 09 Jan 2006

My belkin surge protector's lights became very dim, back last year. I e-mailed the customer services dept to check if I still had the same protection, and without any questions, if I returned the faulty one, they would send me a replacement. It cost me a couple of quid to return, but 4 days later I had a new updated one.

Totally-braindead 20:27 09 Jan 2006

Belkin are expensive when compared to other brands but the service you get is second to none and many of their products also come with a lifetime guarantee, and from what I hear if you need to invoke that guarantee there are no arguements no tricky questions or anything, they just provide a replacement. A good company with the best after sales service.

spargo 21:22 09 Jan 2006

I just felt that the service deserved a mention.

Will now tick this as resolved.

spuds 22:08 09 Jan 2006

I have had need to contact Belkin a couple of times for advice. Always been treated more than fairly, and on one occasion a replacement device was sent with their compliments.Customer service at its best.

Stuartli 00:39 10 Jan 2006

<<Belkin are expensive when compared to other brands but the service you get is second to none>>

That is precisely why you get a proper after sales service..:-)

The lowest prices and first class after sales service are incompatible bedfellows.

spuds 09:47 10 Jan 2006

"The lowest prices and first class after sales service are incompatible bedfellows" -- Not necessarily and always so ;o)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?