Couriers...who do you use?

cassie75 08:33 08 Feb 2003

Hi,

of late I have had a right nightmare with a particular courier. I short they never turn up after taking our money, and although they say collection upto 9pm, they never collect at a time your can specify...

Therefore I ask you good people who do you use and recommend, I also will need to be able to send parcels upto 30kg insured.

The main concern is getting a courier to collect after I get home?! Any help greatly appreciated.

cassie75 08:59 08 Feb 2003

Bump..

Forum Editor 09:01 08 Feb 2003

would probably do better in Consumerwatch, so I'll move it there now.

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:28 08 Feb 2003

1) If your courier company is missing deadlines, then a missive to their transport manager, informing him/her that payment will not be forthcoming unless they get their backsides into gear, usually concentrates their mind.

2) who's good? How long is a piece of sr]ting? I'm afraid this is difficult to answer. Foe example I have spent industrial quantities of money in the last 14 months at 3 PCWorlds. I always get good service and any problems are dealt with efficiently. A quick peruse of the PCW threads would make you think that some think they have spawned Beelzebub and his hordes of Demon legions. Same with Tiscali...I've used them since day 1 of Screaming.Net ...sevice has been superb, connection speeds fast, etc., etc. Others can tell a sorry tale.

3) I use TNT (mainly) and ParcelForce quite a lot and have had no problems whatsoever. read into this what you will.

It might be a good idea to press some flesh or meet n'greet local business people and ask them who they use as local couriers can be very good. I NEVER pay couriers until they collect and deliver the goods...if they promise a pickup time (sensibilty would caution a half hour+ window just in case) and are unreasonably late they can whistle for their money...you have to be quite firm or they tend to swing the lead.

G

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:30 08 Feb 2003

sr]ting aka string...I was up late last night.

G

Belatucadrus 12:53 08 Feb 2003

Used to use TNT at work without problems, the only carrier I have ever had real issues with is Securicor. Both at work and for stuff delivered to me I find them less than satisfactory.

spuds 14:16 08 Feb 2003

I have used a variety of couriers, and nearly all have little problems from time to time.TNT was one of the most reliable until they changed their business practises, by going for the bigger business trade,leaving the smaller consumer without service..Parcelforce have always been good to me, but others have suffered many problems,as this forum as stated many times.I could go on and mention other courier companies, but in general I have no complaints.Take an example of good delivery service,and Screwfix seem to have it solved.

Stuartli 19:14 08 Feb 2003

I've used virtually all the main couriers and they are all pretty much the same as each other, apart from TNT refusing to collect from residental addresses unless requested to do so by one of its contract customers.

Even its own staff fail to understand why TNT turns down what must amount to a staggering loss of potential business.

As with any large organisation, the quality of courier services depends entirely on the efforts and dedication of their individual staff members in whatever part of the country you happen to be.

cassie75 19:51 08 Feb 2003

Thank-you everyone.
I will certainly look into some of the above co.

Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?