Could use some help please!

Meaniemoo 23:06 10 Oct 2008

My computer has semi-packed in. I've spent enough time and money trying to fix it and thrown in the towel and decided to buy a new one, and I'm glad I found this site! :P

Been reading through everyones quite excellent threads on their experiences with different companies and I've been snooping about their websites.
I found the couger-extreme site and put together this and I was looking opinions on it, and if it'll actually work when put together ;)

-AM2 - MSI-K9N-SLI 1000FSB - DDR2 800x4 SLI-nforce 570

-Gamers AMD Phenom 8600 Series (AMD Phenom Triple Core X3 8450,

-8Gb Corsair Memory DDR2 800 4 x 2gb single modules,

-1000GB SATA Hard Drive single drive,

-X-Cruiser Black, Atrix 650Watt Transparent + Blue LED,(looks pretty but i worry that it might be a bad psu)

-GeForce GTX 280 1024MB GDDR3, AM2 - MSI-K9N-SLI 1000FSB - DDR2 800x4 SLI-nforce 570,

-DVD+/- RW - 18X Samsung Lightscribe,

-Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 4 PCI 7.1,
- Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premiem (OEM),
-2 Year Labour Warranty Upgrade)

£988.24

There is also a £20 delivary charge on account of me living in the backwater that is northern ireland. Im not sure the motherboard supports 8gig of ram.

So does it work, is it good value for money (seems so!) and have you had bad or good experiences with this company? What company would you reccomend?
Cheers for reading.

Meaniemoo 23:39 10 Oct 2008

Sorry theres a typo there, I have the motherboard listed twice.

I should add that this is for gaming and I already have a screen(2 of em)/keyboard/mouse

retep888 03:39 11 Oct 2008

Doubt if your chosen mobo would support Phenom, you'll need one like this click here

Don't think you'll need 8GB ram, 4 will do like this one click here

If you don't like your chosen PSU, try this one click here

Don't think you'll need extra sound card,the one that I recommended includes a HD Audio surround 7.1 channel onboard sound card

To see more than 3GB of ram you'll need Vista 64 bit windows

Can't comment on the price,surely one can build it for less if need be.

The Kestrel 10:33 11 Oct 2008

I would recommend that you give Cougar a 'phone call. They are very knowlegable and will talk you through putting together a system that meets your needs and budget.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?