Could it be that my dream is about to come true?

Forum Editor 19:22 16 May 2007

click here

What do you think? I have long wanted a device small enough to carry around in a coat pocket, yet 'PC' enough to feel and work like a real computer. I used to have a Toshiba Libretto, and that almost fitted the bill, but it was still slightly too bulky. Maybe this will be the answer.

I've always felt that if one of the manufacturers could get this format right, and sell it at the right price point they would have a success on their hands.

I am Spartacus 19:26 16 May 2007

I like it but think it would be improved by a solid state drive, although I appreciate that would possibly bump up the price.

Totally-braindead 19:35 16 May 2007

Not really of any interest to me though I see how people in your type of work could find it a great help, and the battery lifes not bad either about the same as a laptop.
When I saw the title I thought it might be the ultimate keyboard.

Forum Editor 19:44 16 May 2007

Good guess.

click here

I am Spartacus 19:49 16 May 2007

I bought a Psion 5 in 1998 and used it almost daily until last year when it finally packed in. By then though it was like my grandfathers axe and had 2 replacement bodies and 3 screens. I have replaced it with a Palm Tungsten W (the one with a mini keyboard) but find it doesn't get as much use as my Psion. I still prefer the mini laptop layout.

Depending on the price when it hits the UK I may buy one.

Forum Editor 19:55 16 May 2007

It will be around £685 for the Vista version in Japan, and I'm hoping not much different here.

I am Spartacus 20:04 16 May 2007

Considering I paid around £400 for the Psion that looks a bargain. I was expecting it to be perhaps a 50% 'UK uplift' on the Japanese price quoted in the article.

The Brigadier 20:07 16 May 2007

Had a Nokia 9300 for a while, but this new device would be really good to use for work. Currently lugging round my old toshiba laptop to meeting as it still does the job!

GANDALF <|:-)> 20:22 16 May 2007

I suspect that one would need eyes like a ferret on speed to see the screen.

G

spuds 22:53 16 May 2007

A thing that size, you will need to be careful if you leave it in your top shirt pocket, when you use the washing machine. Insurance companies are very getting wise to soggy claims!.

Forum Editor 23:57 16 May 2007

That's the only slight doubt; well, that plus the size of the keyboard, but with devices that size there's always going to be compromise.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?