Cougar Systems

iscanut 10:47 01 Jul 2008

I have championed this company in the past re the quality of their systems. However, recent experince has caused me to change my opinion. I had a networking problem last week and could not connect to the net. The problem seemed to with the Network card interface, and as the network interface is NVidia and an integral part of the ASUS motherboard, I contacted Cougar by email last Wednesday 25th June. I had no response at all by close of business Friday 27th June, so I emailed again saying how concerned I was. Again, no response at all to either email up to this morning. I appreciate that the fault was not strictly hardware related but some sort of offer of assistance would have been appreciated or even a response to the emails. I had to sort it out myself. So, whilst Cougar might be OK in resolving hardware problems, be warned that if the problem falls within the grey area of software/hardware, you may be left to your own devices.

spuds 11:14 01 Jul 2008

Did you try telephoning Cougar, or even perhaps contacting the manufacturers of the components, that you suspect are the problem maker!.

I had a problem with an Elite Group motherboard and a Thomson modem once. The modem manufacturer soon provided the answer about incompatibility with chipsets.

iscanut 14:42 01 Jul 2008

I am not normally at home in the day so cannot phone. Even then, this surely does not excuse a complete lack of concern for the customer by not bothering to acknowledge an email. There was no incompatability problem. The PC is only 5 months old and I would have thought the first port of call for help is Cougar

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Acer Predator 21X review

These hilarious robot GIFs will be sure to make you smile

Best podcast apps for iPhone & iPad

Nokia 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie