computerwebstore.co.uk

hania00 15:49 11 Mar 2009

SCAM SITE!
Ordered camera (£2300+) Jan 7th. Item shown in stock at time of order. When it didnt arrive , I emailed them & was told they had no stock at time of order!. Took 3 emails before they cancelled my order (28-30th Jan).
To date, 11th March, still have not had the refund.
Fortunately I paid by Credit Card so they are getting the money back!

On doing further research, others have had the same experience dating back to 2007! as on this site)

ronalddonald 00:01 12 Mar 2009

hopes u get your money back. be good to check here often for any companies your not sure about

birdface 08:04 12 Mar 2009

Had a quick Google for computerwebstore.co.uk.And all I found was people with the same problem as yourself going back at least 4 years.
Just wondering how they are still allowed to trade with all the complaints that have been made against them.

Like ronalddonald says always check for any companies your not sure about before parting with your cash.

Fortunately you paid by Credit Card so should get a full refund. I believe that folk paying by Debit card do not have this option ,but i may be wrong.

hania00 08:11 12 Mar 2009

I agree re how they are allowed to continue trading. I have complained to Trading Standards as have many others but nothing has happened. It looks like they are deliberatly using our money as interest-free loans to keep on trading. The money will come back eventually - but I refuse to get the camera fropm a reputable store until it has been refunded - so no camera for another 60 days probably. These were savings I had built up over several years so am understandably very cross - I usually do a lot of research before buying - but not this time :( obviously.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?