computerplanet - still waiting

mc2547 13:14 30 Dec 2008

Hi

I know there have been other posts about computer planet - but just wondering if anyone is still waiting for a computer which was 'guaranteed' for Christmas delivery?

The money was debited from my card on 29 Nov, and I am still waiting - up until Christmas any emails I sent received the response that I would get it in time for Christmas, but my latest emails have received no response, so I am getting worried.

Anyone else in the same boat? or have any advice on how to proceed?

Thanks!

iscanut 14:15 30 Dec 2008

Of no help to you, but I see from their website that they are closed 19th December to 5th January. Not very impressive customer service !

birdface 15:22 30 Dec 2008

Nightmare.No doubt you purchased it in time for Xmas delivery.Looking at some of the reviews I am surprised that they get any customers at all. click here And like iscanut says.Not very impressive customer service. Not very impressive Company.

alB 16:30 30 Dec 2008

Have a look at the last post in this thread, click here maybe contact "Andy" via his yellow envelope, he may be able to give you some answers ...alB

mc2547 10:27 17 Jan 2009

well, I never got the computer, and so cancelled in the new year, but having asked when I will receive my refund, they say 28 days from the cancellation date, while they took the money from my accound way back in Nov.

I've hard other stories about it being hard to get your money back from them, so any advice gratefully received.

mc2547 21:11 26 Jan 2009

ok, I finally got my refund, not without going through my credit card company, so can close this thread.

Not impressed with the way that computer planet do business, will not be recommending them to anyone.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017