computer tower wanted.

mcdicken 03:25 27 Nov 2004

I am looking to purchase a cheap tower, preferably up and running,for my daughter who is a student, and does not have much money.Anything worthwhile considered,do you have an old tower that requires a new home?.

jack 09:30 27 Nov 2004

How cheap is cheap?
Private purchase could lead to repair/fault remedy problems unless said daughter/you are competant with such things so as not to have take back to vendor.
MicroMart[published Thursdays] carry many adverts for 2nd user machines sold with all the usual consumer rights,- also take a look at click here for surplus/superceded stock from HP and others

spuds 12:04 27 Nov 2004

Buying or obtaining second hand may lead to problems, especially if case work is stored. I would suggest that your daughter consults with the students union, as they may have a source supply of contacts for suitable equipment. In my area there are environmental organizations that recycle the older type computers, usually from about £60.00 with a 60/90 day warranty.

Personally I would look into a free interest loan purchase of a new system, with a full warranty. Again local to me, a computer company do these type of offers with starting prices £299.00 upwards including monitor but excluding operating system, which would cost another £60.00 for XP Home oem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?