Computer Reliability and Service Awards 2010

Pine Man 15:42 05 Jan 2011
Answered

I know that this comes from one of PCAs competitors but it makes interesting reading. Particularly when you see who is bottom;-)

click here

GaT7 16:51 05 Jan 2011
Answer

I guessed correctly Pine Man, but I didn't think it would be them at the same time!

Couldn't have guessed Chillblast would be first though. Whenever I suggested them over the last few years on forums, there was always some doubt as to whether I was doing the right thing. G

961 17:16 05 Jan 2011

This is the nearest you'll get to a survey about reliability and customer satisfaction

Flak999 17:52 05 Jan 2011

This survey again begs the question as to why if PCPRO can commission a survey like this, PC Advisor wont?

PCPRO surveyed 12000 readers between May and August 2010 each company featured in the survey had at least a hundred people give their views about service and reliability.

I know all the old arguments about how only people who have a problem give voice to it and satisfied customers stay silent. But at least this survey gives prospective customers some idea about who is performing well and who isn't.

Forum Editor 20:21 05 Jan 2011

"why if PCPRO can commission a survey like this, PC Advisor wont?"

Errmmm.....

"The PC Advisor Reader Awards 2010 were voted for by nearly 5,000 PC Advisor print and online readers between 2nd October and 6th December 2009. The laptop and desktop nominations were calculated using readers' feedback on a combination of customer service and hardware reliability."

click here

We've conducted reader surveys since 2004 to my certain knowledge, but I'm not personally involved in conducting surveys, so we may have done it in earlier years as well.

Flak999 21:49 05 Jan 2011

Thanks for the link, it's not very up to date though is it? Considering how much discussion there is about after sales customer service on these forums, it would be nice to have a regular poll taken on this subject, and a link to it shown when a machine is reviewed.

Forum Editor 21:57 05 Jan 2011

"it's not very up to date though is it?"

Perhaps it's you who isn't very up to date.

The PCA 2011 readers awards will be announced in five days time. We do this once a year.

spuds 11:15 06 Jan 2011

Perhaps I shouldn't say this, but being a reader of PCPro, I do tend to find that magazine is more for the Pro, and as such, any reviews and surveys are conducted with that in mind.

I and a number of other people have mentioned customer service as being a factor, in regards to selection. And I think this is true, because an open survey can provide both negative or positive results.

jakimo 16:40 06 Jan 2011

John Lewis as good as it may be, is hardly top dog when it comes to best Internet Vendor for computer wares

Pine Man 16:47 06 Jan 2011

....'On a shortlist overwhelmed with online-only retailers, it's the most traditional of bricks and mortar retailers that steals this year's crown. More than 70% of John Lewis buyers declared themselves "very satisfied" with the customer service'

Flak999 17:08 06 Jan 2011

"Perhaps it's you who isn't very up to date."

I wouldn't call a survey taken between 2nd October and 6th December 2009 particularly up to date would you? It's 2011 now!

If the new 2011 survey is reflective of the same period in 2010 it to, will soon be out of date. I would suggest that what is needed is an ongoing survey of customer satisfaction with regard to after sales service, as this seems to be the area that causes so much problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?