Computer Planet

Kevscar1 08:44 17 Jul 2009

To try to clean up their image they are trawling the review sites and making complaints to get the bad reviews withdrawn. Got a message from one saying revview withdrawn as complaint that it broke the rules because it was identical to my one on another site.
Really stupid of Computer Planet because all I was asked to do was change it a bit.
Now it,s been resubmitted but of course the date now shows it as being a new review rather than a 2 yr old one.

GaT7 02:32 19 Jul 2009

"Now it,s been resubmitted but of course the date now shows it as being a new review rather than a 2 yr old one." - that could be better than you think. Newer reviews give a better indication of a company's present service.

An example is eBuyer. They received several bad reviews a few years ago. But since turning their service around, the recent better reviews far outnumber the bad ones (past & present) & gives a better indication of their PRESENT service - i.e. what people generally look for. G

Kevscar1 09:33 19 Jul 2009

Thats what I mean,t instead of a bad review pages back it,s now right at the top so readers will think it happened this year..
They obviously didn't think it through.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017