Computer Books

hugh144 19:44 10 Feb 2008

We've just gone over to Windows Vista & Office 2007 at work and still trying to get used to them as they are quite different to older versions.

Can anyone recommend books that would be of help (not too basic)!

Thanks

anskyber 20:06 10 Feb 2008

The best by far and easy to read is "Windows Vista Inside Out" by Steve Bott and others.

anskyber 20:07 10 Feb 2008

Ed Bott! sorry, click here you may get it cheaper elsewhere, worth checking.

Covergirl 12:19 11 Feb 2008

I've got "Windows Vista Tips and Tricks in Easy Steps (Paperback) by Stuart Yarnold click here about £10. Quite good, lots of hints & tips but once you're through them, the book goes onto the "reference section" shelf.
I applied 4 at once though, and the PC wouldn't restart - had to do a restore from safe mode.

I don't know of any good books for Office 2007 - generally found out everything from PC magazine articles around release time (if you've got any back issues lying around)

Totally-braindead 12:54 11 Feb 2008

I would check out your library and see what they have and try them out, then if you find one thats for you go out and buy it.

I would have suggested the Dummies and Idiots books as they are really excellent but you did state not too basic and both of them are and I think you're wanting a reference book and find both of them rather useless in that regard, they're too basic. But you could get them out of the library and run through them as they are a good start off point.

hugh144 13:39 11 Feb 2008

Many thanks for taking the time to reply - much appreciated.

Sound advice (as usual).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?