Complete New Soundcard Help Needed Please?

Big L 266 12:33 15 Jun 2009

Hello.

My current soundcard is a Creative X-fi and was installed new at point of purchase back in February of this year.

I would like to remove it as I feel it doesn't reproduce music well enough when played in my headphones,small computer speakers and through my hi-fi system.

I don't mind paying some serious money for a new soundcard which incorporates Dolby digital enhancements(as my old Creative did) and into which I could transfer my entire cd collection for playing.

May I please ask you for your recommendations and suggestions as to what I should get?

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

Curio 18:49 15 Jun 2009

Have a look at this brand. Mine is a bit long in the tooth now but good sounds still emit.
click here

citadel 18:56 15 Jun 2009

asus xonar gets good reviews

Big L 266 20:50 15 Jun 2009

Hello Citadel.

I've had a look at the Asus Xonar and it seems to hit the spot with built-in Dolby. I have another question which hopefully you can answer in here please....

The Asus Xonar HDAV 1.3 Deluxe 7.1 PCI Express 1.0 Sound Card would be going into a Dell Studio desktop computer bought in February. Do you think the sound card is compatible please?

Thank you.

citadel 21:55 15 Jun 2009

the card you looked at has a daughter board so you need two free slots to install, ok if you have. the xonar essence stx only needs one slot and has all you need.

MAT ALAN 22:01 15 Jun 2009

Please DO NOT have TWO posts on the same subject, it is frowned upon here, if you look at your other post you may find the answer you are looking for, and save some money....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone