Compatibles for the canon pixma mp500

belcanto 23:40 18 Mar 2006

Hi there-I have just brought the canon pixma mp500 and had a look round for compatible cartridges. Has anyone got an idea as to where I can get good, cheap ones please?

TIA-belcanto

terryf 11:41 19 Mar 2006

Be careful, you may invalidate your warranty by using compatibles

pj123 17:13 19 Mar 2006

What are the cartridge numbers? If they are CLI8xxx there may be some compatibles around somewhere. Otherwise most new Printers need at least 6 months on the market before the Compatible cartridges emerge.

harryoo 17:49 19 Mar 2006

7dayshop.com have them

belcanto 13:17 10 Aug 2006

thanks every1 for ur help

marjted 19:31 10 Aug 2006

My Canon printer uses the same cartridges but don't think you will find any compatibles on the market. One source in my search commented that the chip in the original cartridge is the difficulty.
However, suggest that you try here click here for a well priced and reliable source.

ade.h 20:26 10 Aug 2006

The MP500 does take the standard Canon format (before the new chipped versions were introduced) and thus will take compatibles. The latest iP series printers are the problematic ones.

I have fitted BCI-6 series carts (made by XPrint in this instance) in my neighbour's MP500.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?