comet restocking charge?

frankie 23:35 19 Nov 2009

was in local one tonight,noticed comet had notice on wall stating charges is this normal these days,as new one on me,returns unopened charge,opened charge,then another after 14 days, etc,seemed to be from 10% up to 99-00,from what i read seemed to go against sale of goods act,from what i thought i knew,going to go back into store tomorrow,to reread,tonight put me off buying a panasonic g1 camera £400.

Input Overload 08:40 25 Nov 2009

I actually called in Comet yesterday for a new cordless phone. I choose the model I wanted & informed the sales person who disappeared round the back & re-appeared a few minutes later with a box that had obviously been opened.

When I asked why it had been opened she said it might have been on display, I'm not sure. I insisted I wanted a new unopened sealed box which I got without any hassle.

I always insist on new sealed boxes. But if all customers were like me what are they supposed to do with returns? And if they had only had opened boxes I would simply have gone elsewhere.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review: Hands-on

Illustrator Andrés Lozano on his improv line work, brazen use of colours & hand sketching

iPhone X review

Comment envoyer gratuitement des gros fichiers ?