Combined keyboard and screen manufacturer?

  SteveDonaldson 21:06 30 Apr 2015

Hi all, does anyone know of a product that is a combined keyboard and screen (just like a laptop but without the workings) that plugs into a desktop? I want to have my tower sitting beside the settee and use it via the keyboard/screen.

Thanks for any help you can give. Steve.

  Forum Editor 08:23 02 May 2015

I sometimes use Rackmount screens and keyboards combined when working in server rooms. They aren't exactly glamorous, and can cost as much as a reasonable laptop. If you want to explore the possibilities just search Google for 'Rackmount monitor and keyboard.'

Personally I can think of nothing worse than having a tower humming away by the side of the settee - better just to get a laptop I would have thought.

  SteveDonaldson 00:54 05 May 2015

Thankyou, yeah that is the kind of thing I had in mind but they are a bit pricey. I was thinking about this so I could have the functionality of the laptop layout but with ability to upgrade/change/personalise the workings which I could do with the tower. Buying a new laptop is fine but you are then stuck with the configuration. Thanks for taking the time to reply


This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?