classicgamingpresents.com ??

NotVeryTechie 15:34 03 Apr 2008

Hi there

I found a download of Lemmings (the game) on the website click here for £4.99. Is this a trustworthy site to download from? They say the game will work on XP and Vista, but I am not so sure about that. Lemmings only ever worked on DOS.

Any thoughts on this?

techie4me 16:47 03 Apr 2008

Only a PO Box address?
No Phone Number i could find.
Very strange for a 'real' gaming company!

Rigga 19:17 03 Apr 2008

I thought Lemmings was Abandonware these days, check here > click here < or put Abandonware into google, loads of old games are noe free to download.

HTH. R.

GaT7 19:59 03 Apr 2008

"Lemmings only ever worked on DOS." - PC versions (& PlayStation too) have since come out click here.

eBay search click here (sorted by Price + P&P: lowest first). G

donki 13:18 04 Apr 2008

Why not just do it properly and use an amiga emulator, I have had hours of fun doing this, a little searching on the net and you soon find the entire Amiga 500 back catalogue.... not to sure on the legality thou :).

brundle 03:42 05 Apr 2008

The 5 star review of Sim City is a masterpiece; click here

They're charging for an installer; click here

So get DOSBox yourself and the game in question at one of the sites mentioned above, spend a couple of minutes reading the very simple instructions for DOSBox and save yourself some money. click here

DMahalko 22:01 28 Jun 2008

This classicgamingpresents.com is also a advertising link farmer, and just browsing their store items can make pop-up ads appear offering to "Scan your computer", etc.

What annoys me is that I arrived there via Amazon. Stay away. :-(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?