Citylink courier service

hssutton 16:30 16 Dec 2010

anyone waiting for a delivery via the above company?

It would appear that they have disabled their "Track a Parcel" service and will not answer the telephone. I've tried a number of times to contact them today, I get the automated response, but then the line goes dead. Anyone getting a better service?

bremner 16:58 16 Dec 2010

I have now lost count of the times, both at my old address in London and now here in Devon, that City Link have failed to deliver on time.

Chasing them is a nightmare and their tracking service very hit and miss.

gengiscant 16:58 16 Dec 2010

I have noticed there vans driving about up here in Edinburgh, Parcelforce I the one I like to complain about, all the presents I am giving out have been delivered, all the presents I have given myself,mainly PC components,I am waiting on.

But joking aside I complained of the lack of information on the Parcelforce tracking website and was told as far as they were concerned having that it was picked up and delivered non the tracking site was enough information. I asked them why it was possible to track a parcel right across the world with companies such as UPS and DHL, and I got the answer that Parcelforce customers were in the main happy with the information provided. Hardly a tracking service I would have thought.

ajm 18:46 16 Dec 2010

5 different deliveries over 3 days arrived on time. On two occassions, no one at home, and the driver delivered to family address further up the same road.

I never had any issues with City Link deliveries over the past couple of years.

hssutton 19:07 16 Dec 2010

I've haven't had problems in the past, but this particular parcel I'm waiting was scheduled (according to Citylink)for delivery Wednesday pm. This is what is still showing on their web site and they are not answering the phone.

morddwyd 20:47 16 Dec 2010

I think all the parcel/courier companies are having serious problems trying to clear a massive weather related backlog at what is their busiest time of the year anyway.

These difficulties have rolled down into their customer service.

ame 21:21 16 Dec 2010

Just tracking a new pc which was picked up from Chillblast at tea time today and is showing delivery in Scotland by tomorrow. Here's hoping...

hssutton 08:46 17 Dec 2010

Hope you have better luck than I have. Still unable to contact them.

spuds 00:43 18 Dec 2010

A thread with similar issues! click here

ame 10:29 18 Dec 2010

Had a feeling it was too good to be true. 5 day backlog at their Glenrothes distribution centre. But at least my parcel got picked up - others aren't being. Nothing to do now but wait and chill...literally!

spuds 10:40 18 Dec 2010

Looking at my daily deliveries this week, it would appear that items from the Northern regions are taking upto 10 days to arrive, and far less, even next day from Southern regions.

One retailer that I was in touch with the other day, and who as a distribution centre in Scotland, was stating that he as had a number of rather irate customers asking where there goods are. He sends all his stuff by Royal Mail, and they have no answers for him. Appears to be a case of wait and see if they arrive. In my case he sent the items out on the 6th December, and I received it them on the 16th December via Royal Mail.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?