Citylink courier, be aware!

rickf 09:26 22 Jul 2004

Just info for forum consumers. I ordered from an online retailer and Citylink left my deivery outside my front door. Two things concern me. Who signed the card as delivered, the driver? and what if someone had walked off with it. The first, if that was what happened then it is a criminal offence, the second would cause a nightmare for me not being able to prove that I had not taken delivery. This is the second time I have trouble with this courier. Two wks ago, they tried to deliver a TFT monitor and left a failed delivery card stating that it would be attempted the next day. On the said day, I waited and waited. Then had the foresight to call them to make sure it was on the van. The citylink operator was most apologetic that it had not gone out resulting in me having to collect it myself some distance away. Just to warn people to watch oput for your parcel if you were expecting one from this firm.

Stuartli 10:35 22 Jul 2004

As with any other courier, CityLink depends on the integrity of employees.

Could be worth complaining to your online retailer about the matter and that you are not happy about the CityLink driver's failure to ensure the safety of your order.

rickf 10:50 22 Jul 2004

Have done. I am posting this because the implications are huge.

spuds 11:05 22 Jul 2004

Initial City Link deliver at least once or twice a week to my home address.I have never had any problems with this company, and the driver is usually the same person, so he as got to know my routine.If I am not in, then he leaves the goods with the neighbours, as per our arrangement. I find that ebuyer use this courier service, with good results in my case.But know doubt, things do go wrong with deliveries, and I tend to find Royal Mail are by far the worst offenders.

byfordr 11:08 22 Jul 2004

Must admit I agree with Spuds...not had any problems with Citilink...Parcel Farce on the other hand, grrrrrrrrrrrr ever since they started closing depots.

I suppose a lot of it is where you live, and what the drivers are like. On the whole I have generally had good experiences with a variety of firms.

R

flying grouse 11:16 22 Jul 2004

never had a problem with Citylink, if I was out item is delivered next day................

Al94 11:34 22 Jul 2004

Agree with rickf, I have had several items left with neighbours and lying at the front door. Perhaps naievely though, I have taken the view that if anything went astray it would be between Citylink and the vendor as they would be unable to produce a receipt signed by me.

Mister Splendid©® 12:27 22 Jul 2004

Like Mikef I have never had a problem with Post Office/Parcelforce. I too have also found City Link to be a real pain in the butt. Some time ago they were supposed to deliver a parcel to me and left a card through the door because I was out, so far so good. Thereafter they were totally unhelpfull, and that is putting it mildly. The item they were carrying was apiud for and thus belonged to me but they flatly refused to deliver to another address. So I arranged to finish work early later that week and yes they would deliver then. They did not turn up. I complained and a new date was arranged. No-one turned up again and no card through the door. This time they claimed someone had turned up to deliver and gave me the time. I was at home long before that time yet no-one had shown-up. Their response was to say they would send the parcel with an employee who lived near me to deliver on his way home. Still no show. Phoned again, told the package sent back to sender because they had been unable to deliver. When I complained I was told I must be lying.

rev.bem 13:45 22 Jul 2004

My regular Citylink courier delivers to my workplace as well as my home so if i'm not at home to receive a delivery he brings it to work for me.

Kate B 14:23 22 Jul 2004

Wherever possible I have things delivered to work - more online retailers allow that these days.

Mister Splendid©® 14:59 22 Jul 2004

It has to be said that at the time of the above incident I was living in the north of Somerset and dealt with the Bath office. Since then, and now living in south Somerset, an online car parts retailer has sent items to me twice via City Link (different office) and I have had no problem. The above incident went on for more than a week before they sent the item, that was mine because I had paid for it, back claiming they were unable to deliver it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?