A Christmas present to yourself.?

Stuartli 17:38 19 Dec 2003

The NEC 1300ND dual format 4x DVD writer at click here can be yours by Christmas, according to an e-mail just received, for £68.99 if ordered by midnight on Sunday, December 21st..:-)

ams4127 20:51 20 Dec 2003

I think I'll wait before upgrading my 2X Panasonic. In a few weeks time the new 8X writers will appear.

Well, after a lot of umm-ing and arrhh-ing, I finally let the missus buy me the Plextor PX-708T3B with 8x writing.

I am hop[ing that this drive will be fairly "future proof" and am incouraged by the fact that i have yet to find 8 speed media!!

OK, at £160 it is on the high side but then again I have always found Plextor to be faultless!

What has she got in return? Well, try getting a 28" widescreen into a blasted stocking and hiding it till Xmas morning!!!!

Gawd - Typos galore and its only the 20th!!

Stuartli 11:45 21 Dec 2003

I would normally fully agree with you over Plextor but my first CD-RW rewriter was a TDK 12x10x24 Vortex, a rebadged version of the Plextor of the same model name.

It went faulty within three months, TDK replaced it after first sending it FOC and back to its Luxembourg HQ; the second had the same fault not all that long afterwards and, this time, because the Vortex had been discontinued, replaced it with the then £190 CyClone 24x10x40, which was Samsung based.

Had no problems with the CyClone....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?