christmas gift inspiration for a tekkie-man

bobkitten 11:20 11 Dec 2006

hi folks, wondering what to buy a 23-year old male Linux-loving GTA-addicted computer science phd student... it's tricky, as I'm not an expert in such things, and atm I can't think of anything he hasn't already got/can't build for himself...!

any suggestions (no matter how random) would be much appreciated!

SB23 12:03 11 Dec 2006

I like this site, loads of stuff to keep you busy, lol.

click here.

I very often browse to see what my wife could, (notice I said could) buy me.

Hope it gives you a few ideas.

Steve

Kate B 12:05 11 Dec 2006

Presumably he's got a PSP? If not, how about that plus GTA - Liberty City Stories?

bobkitten 12:25 11 Dec 2006

Cheers for the heads-up on Firebox :) what a great site; I particularly love the sound of this: click here
only that'd be more enthralling for me, I fear... mustn't_be_selfish :D

bobkitten 12:30 11 Dec 2006

heh, no he doesn't! and I've actually just entered a prize draw to win a PSP here: click here

In the event I don't win, however, it might just be the ideal thing, along with Liberty Stories...though he has built his own GTA server, which takes up the vast majority of his attention >_<

Kate B 12:46 11 Dec 2006

Actually, I mistyped - I actually meant Vice City stories, but both are good for the PSP.

spuds 15:12 11 Dec 2006

Reading the first intro paragraph, seems to say it all. How about this link, might be something of interest click here :O)

bobkitten 09:53 14 Dec 2006

Cheers spuds! That's my present dilemma pretty much sorted... three cheers for teh interweb :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?