Choice of PC

Ritchbee 14:26 03 Feb 2003

Hi,

I am about to purchase my first PC built for games use mainly (Budget £1500.00).
I've narrowed the choice down to three companies, Mesh, Multivision, Evesham.
Going through their various offers I'm leaning towards Multivision.
Would this be a good choice ??.
Should I wait for the new GeForce FX graphic card becomes available or sick with the 9700 Pro.

Cheers

Lú-tzé 15:16 03 Feb 2003

I got a Multivision and have recommeded them to lots of people - like every company they have their good days and bad days but I like the build quality of their machines and their willingness to quote for what you want rather than you having to buy off the (virtual) shelf.

Give them a ring and they will fax you a quote for what you want.

As for the graphics card - I don't know.

If you think you can wait, then the machine will have a better spec in a couple of months, but that will always be the case. A budget of £1500 will give you a good gaming experience if you get a decent monitor and sound card to compliment the graphics card.

cheapskate2k 15:22 03 Feb 2003

I had loads of trouble with multivision then I went for an evesham. Multivision were offering a great system in october when I ordered it but it took 5 weeks to arive after I was told 2, then it broke after a week so it went back. Speaks for itself really! My evesham is great, it cost a lot more but its a lovely machine and it hasent let me down, in fact its hardly crashed since I got it in the beggining of december. Its up to you really!

You will find negative comments about all 3 in this forum as well as positive ones. Only you can make the final choice. Don't overlook any good local independent stores who will custom build to your requirements.

cheapskate2k 15:41 03 Feb 2003

Thats a good point. Also You wouldnt really want to spend £1500 on something you havent seen or touched. Depending on where you are it would be an idea to go and have a look at a machine and just see what the company is like you are buying from. If you buy it from a company who has a shop or whatever near you it makes it a lot easier to return it if there are problems or just chase them up if its late. I was really lucky that multivision was only an hour from me so I was able to take it back and basically demand my money on the spot. Also I just picked my evesham off a shelf, no problems about delivery there, its suprising how much that is worth. I dont think anyone likes waiting for things.

RomQ 20:28 03 Feb 2003

You might like to look at how a company is ranked on this chart (and read the comments on it) before committing yourself to a purchase:
click here

The experiences of other people on here and on that site can be a vital guide. ;-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?