Choice of Laptop Decision Help

Demora 11:28 08 Mar 2010

Hi.

My Elonex webbook has died a death and I've looked at two other smaller laptops, both very similar specs.

click here

And

click here

There is only £50 difference. Toshiba laptops I know and Asus Motherboards I know.

Just need opinions really as to which to buy.

TIA
D

Forum Editor 19:27 08 Mar 2010

click here

It's a personal thing, but if I was going to choose between the two I would go for the Toshiba - I love their laptops, and have never had one let me down yet. As I said, it's a personal thing, and there's nothing particularly wrong with the Asus as far as I can see from the review.

john bunyan 19:56 08 Mar 2010

My local computer shop says that when it comes to repairs he finds Toshiba and Asus are the easiest / likeliest to be repairable and are well made. I am also thinking os the Toshiba for my wife.

Demora 22:31 08 Mar 2010

Thanks FE and john bunyan.

What really threw me was the specs were so much the same. I've had 2 Toshiba's in the past and both are still working. (my daughters have them now).

I've also had 3 Asus Motherboards in my desktop pcs and found them really excellent.

I think I'll probably end up with the Toshiba.

Thanks again

D

Demora 08:43 16 Mar 2010

Although I resolved this posting, I thought I should just update it by saying 'I went for the Asus '

I didn't care for the Toshiba cosmetically and the Asus is Dual core so A faster Machine.

In the 16 hours I've owned it I'm quite happy with my decision.

Thanks again.

D

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?