cheapest dial-up isp?

Bailey08787 13:19 29 Jan 2003

hello

with all this broadband furore i figure that there must be some pretty dirt-cheap 56k dial-up isps now - right?

I don't really have the need for broadband at the moment - but as it seems a trillion times better, and can be had for only a fiver more than the current £15 a month i pay for my dial-up isp, i figure their must be some cheaper dial-up isps out there by now.

I'm not particularly fussed about how good their support is - just want a cheap, unmetered, dial-up isp.

Any suggestions?

Lú-tzé 14:19 29 Jan 2003

click here - v21.

There are occasionally connection probs at peak time but for £9.99 per month, not bad.

jazzypop 14:26 29 Jan 2003

Go to click here and use their ISP wizard.

There are many, many companies offering unmetered access at less than £15 per month.

Incidentally, many people think that the opposite may well be true - that ISPs are raising dial-up charges to 'encourage' people to switch to BB.

Bapou 22:41 29 Jan 2003

I certainly thank you for that advice, I'm looking for a change of ISP and this is a great help.

jazzypop 22:57 29 Jan 2003

My pleasure - be sure to check out the user ratings before making your final choice.

goonerbill 23:10 29 Jan 2003

have a look at this site click here thinking of signing up for the broadband, just a couple of quid dearer than AOL dial up.

darrboy1 18:42 30 Jan 2003

having been with tiscai for a year, problems with billing and connection i have found a corker. For £6.99 a month you get unlimited access with no limits. They have boasted a 10:1 contention ratio, I have had very few problems connecting.They disconnect you after 15 mins of no activity, so I use a little program called 'stay alive' which keeps me connected all day long.Remember the name 'fast4'

Steinman 18:48 30 Jan 2003

£10 a month. 2hr cut-off tho can reconnect straight away.Reliable.

conzalis 18:54 30 Jan 2003

I don't know wether it's umeatered or only off peak but Tiscali do a dialup service for £4.99 per Month!

anonmouse 19:21 30 Jan 2003

many thanks to darrboy 1 i thought uk stamp were the cheapest they also offer £6.99 unmeterd but you need to pay several months in advance. fast 4 have that beat no contract! ill try them when my aol free trial expires

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?